At first, I was cautious, and quite difficult to switch from WhatsApp to telegram, especially since I was used WhatsApp for so many years. but as I started using Telegram, I discovered its advantages and I started to love this application, and now it is almost impossible for me to give it up.
I like that it is a perfectly functional application, with many options, and what attracted me the most was that I can chat freely, without having the feeling that you are spying.
In Telegram, you can do the same things you do in competing for chat applications (Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp), such as: message to other Telegram users, create groups for conversations, call contacts, make video calls, send files, etc You can have groups by 200.000 members in Telegram!!
Why you should use Telegram? The Telegram advantages over competitors (Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, etc)
- Telegram is free to use and supported by its founder and CEO Pavel Durov.
- In contrast to other network chat applications, Telegram has an open API and source code free for everyone. I like that they are transparent and take care of your private data;
- You can have secret chat or normal chat.
- Telegram messages are heavily encrypted and even they can self-destruct.
- Global message deletion. Telegram allow users to delete messages sent by other users, across all devices.
- Users phone number is hidden on the group chats which is a big advantage. Personally, I don’t want to share my phone number with strangers in groups.
- Telegram has no limits on the size of your media and chats.
- You can use bots to do different activities such as: download songs, download videos from youtube, sending anonymous messages, etc
- Even You can play hames in application
How to Install the telegram Desktop App in Linux?
You can use Telegram on different devices: Android, iPhone / iPad, PC / Linux, or macOS. It is not at all complicated to install Telegram on Linux.
You can get the Telegram from Linux x64 from Here or
install it from the terminal by entering the following command:
sudo apt install telegram-desktop
After that, it will appear in the list of applications.
Even though it’s not as popular as Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp now, I’m sure that as they discover it, people will love it and become a serious competitor of big digital corporations.